Things To Do
A quaint, quiet town, yet so much to do… Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Take a stroll up old Cat se Pad‚ walking trail.
- Enjoy a bottle of wine at the top of the Franschhoek Pass and watch the sun go down.
- Experience wine tasting on horseback.
- Play golf at Pearl Valley, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
- Drop off the top of the pass and paraglide down to the village.
- Dine al fresco at one of the many street cafés.
- Take a helicopter ride and see the valley from a different perspective.
- Hire a mountain bike and go cycling in the mountains surrounding the valley.
- Hike to the top of Du Toit’s Kop.
- Pick up a permit and map at the Information Centre and explore the Mont Rochelle Reserve.
- Hop on the Franschhoek Wine tram and visit a collection of wineries within the village.
- Enjoy the La Petite Ferme cellar tour hosted every morning at 11am (by appointment).
- Watch the chocolatiers at Huguenot Fine Chocolates in action making their fine confections (Tours can be arranged).
- Learn the art of bread making at Moreson (winter months only).
- Boschendal, Mont Rochelle and Grande Provence offer the perfect picnic spots for those hot lazy summer afternoons.
- Enjoy the fresh local produce every Saturday morning at the Village Market.
- Visit Franschhoek Tourism to arrange wine tours or book any other activities.
- As the Sunday sun sets and evening approaches, you can experience live music, bands and entertainment within a short walking distance from Auberge Daniella, at Station Pub from 5pm – 8pm.
Book the activities such as guided hikes, guided mountain bike wine tours, historical village walks, the Adventure Bus and many more through the Franschhoek Adventure Centre. Booking in advance is recommended, particularly during high season.