Things To Do
A quaint, quiet town, yet so much to do… Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Take a stroll up old Cat se Pad‚ walking trail.
- Enjoy a bottle of wine at the top of the Franschhoek Pass and watch the sun go down.
- Experience wine tasting on horseback.
- Enjoy a morning with Professor Rust and learn about the heritage and the flora of the valley.
- Play golf at Pearl Valley, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
- Drop off the top of the pass and paraglide down to the village.
- Dine al fresco at one of the many street cafés.
- Take a helicopter ride and see the valley from a different perspective.
- Hire a mountain bike and go cycling in the mountains surrounding the valley.
- Hike to the top of Du Toit’s Kop.
- Pick up a permit and map at the Information Centre and explore the Mont Rochelle Reserve.
- Hop on the Franschhoek Wine tram and visit a collection of wineries within the village.
- Enjoy the La Petite Ferme cellar tour hosted every morning at 11am (by appointment).
- Watch the chocolatiers at Huguenot Fine Chocolates in action making their fine confections (Tours can be arranged).
- Learn the art of bread making at Moreson (winter months only).
- Boschendal, Warwick and Solms-Delta offer the perfect picnic spots for those hot lazy summer afternoons.
- Enjoy the fresh local produce every Saturday morning at the Village Market.
- Visit Franschhoek Tourism to arrange wine tours or book any other activities.